Travel Tips in Tonga Part III - Kai Tunu, Shell fishing and Sunday Feasting.
It’s been well said that nobody puts on a royal feast like Tongans. We go island hopping for a Beach BBQ Kai Tunu style in the Haapai island group, we go shell fishing which only women have done for hundreds of years, and we even go to a Ha'apai Social. Fittingly church is on the next day, and of course Sunday Kai Pola!
• Special thanks to Pila Laumanu and family
• Ana Mafile’o
• Hihifo Wesleyan Church
• Vea and Paul Finau • Suliana Vea and Family
• Sione Fekau and all the Mafile’o family in Ha’apai • Tonga Visitors Bureau
• Ministry of Commerce
• Tourism and Labour
• Directed by Vea Mafile’o
• Camera by Jeremiah Tauamiti, Vea Mafile’o and Emily Mafile’o
• Edited by Sasha Childers and Jeremiah Tauamiti