Chef Robert Oliver and Dr Jone Hawea make a salad from fresh local fruits, vegetables and herbs. You can replace ingredients with your local seasonal vegetables and fruits.
- 1 Bunch of ota
- 1 Piece of vara, diced
- 1 Firm mango, diced
- 2 Cups of snake beans, cut and quickly cooked
- 1 Cup of local, small tomatoes – washed
- A few sprigs of parsley
- A few leaves of mint
- A few leaves of tulsi (Thai basil of local basil)
- 2 to 3 Local lemons
- 3 Tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
Step 1: Blanch the Ota
Very quickly blanched in hot salted water.
Step 2: Build Salad
Add Ota, mango, beans, tomatoes, vara, parsley and mint, tulsi,
Step 3: Dress
Squeeze lemon and coconut oil over the salad. Add salt and pepper to season.
Step 4: Mix together
Combine, serve and enjoy!