Check out this delicious recipe for some Purini (Steamed Pudding) - almost like your mum/aunty/nana used to make. Almost.
Served with either custard or butter, this delicious recipe is sure to go down a treat for the next family cuppa tea time!
For more delicious recipes, check out ilovecoconutcream.com!
Author: ilovecoconutcream.com Recipe type: Adapted from SpicySideUp Fijian steamed pudding INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups plain flour (sifted)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- Melt sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat, taking care not to burn the sugar.
- Slowly add coconut cream to the melted sugar, one tablespoon at a time, stirring it in well after each addition.
- Stirring constantly, bring the syrup to the boil then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk ingredients together.
- Fold the sugar syrup into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a buttered 2 litre pudding tin and steam for 1½ hours in a large pot over the stovetop.
- Test if fully cooked with a skewer inserted into the middle of pudding and return to stovetop if necessary.
NOTES Serve with warm custard or slathered with butter.
If you don't have a pudding pan, simply use a container smaller than a large pot like a rice cooker insert and simply cover with tin foil.