Even though this 'language week' business shouldn't be stuck to just a week thing (cause language is an everyday thing) - the importance is the awareness of the language.
Here's some of the basics to get you started ...
- Kia orāna = Hello
- Kia orāna korua = Hello to two
- Kia orāna kotou = Hello to three or more
- Pē'ea koe = How are you?
- Pē'ea korua = How are you two?
- Meitaki au = I am fine
- Meitaki maua = We (two) are fine
- Meitaki ma'ata = Thank you
- Aere rā = Goodbye
Numbers, Shapes & Colours
Week Days, Family names & Months of the year