International Chef, Robert Oliver and Dr Jone Hawea prepare a great Gluten free, sugar free, egg free healthy cassava cake. Here is a recipe for your Christmas.
Cassava Cake (Christmas Cake) Recipe:
- 2 ½ Cups FRIEND cassava meal OR 3 cups fresh grated cassava (peeled)
- 2/3 Cup satwa flour (optional)
- 1 ½ Cups grated coconut
- 1 ½ Cups fresh squeezed lolo
- 1 Large ripe vudi – mashed well
- 1 Ripe mango – mashed well (or pawpaw)
- 1 Ripe banana – mashed well
- 2 Cups fresh diced pineapple, softened in hot water + drained
- 2 Cups dry pawpaw pieces, softened in hot water and drained
- 2 Cups dry banana pieces, softened in hot water and drained
- A little virgin coconut oil
- 220g of FRIEND Fiji honey
Mix dry ingredients
Casava + Satwa + grated coconut
Prepare and slice ripe mango, banana and pawpaw – mash together with a fork.
Boil and drain the dry pawpaw, banana and pineapple – (keep the water to use later)
Add mashed fruit and boiled fruit to dry ingredients and MIX.
Add a bit of left over water from soaked fruit.
Grease a dish with coconut oil and put mix in.
Cook in the oven at 180degrees for 40min.
STEP 5: Fruit glaze
Add honey and softened dried fruit to a pan. Reduce and simmer for 7minutes.
Add mixture on top of cake