Howabout trying this decadent dessert that is perfect for the cold winter days coming!
This yummy sweet treat is the perfect accompaniment for after dinner, or on the weekend as a nice brunch idea - paired with the beautiful sweet coconut sauce, it's bound to have you wanting more! Just make sure you run it off after aye?
Recipe courtesy of ilovecoconutcream.com
Here's the recipe:
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 icy cold water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 6 ripe bananas
- Canola oil for deep frying
- Icing sugar to serve
- 1 cup coconut cream or thick coconut milk (Kara)
- 1 tablespoons of sugar
- Whisk batter ingredients together until smooth. Slice bananas into thirds and dip into batter coating each piece well.
- Heat oil to 175C in a large dutch oven or cast iron pan and deep fry bananas in batches. Turn and cook for around 2 minutes or until golden and the batter is cooked. Remove bananas from oil with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on paper towels.
- To make the coconut sauce, heat coconut cream and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and allow sauce to thicken & caramelize (about 4-5 minutes). Remove from heat and serve in a dipping dish with bananas.
Notes:If cooking a large batch, keep bananas in a warm oven while you cook until ready to serve. For more amazing island-style recipes, check out ilovecoconutcream.com