Check out this yummy recipe for Yeast raised Waffles with Coconut Milk!
Light and fluffy with a hint of coconut goodness, these yummy waffles are the best for morning, noon and night!Check out the recipe below or go to ilovecoconutcream.com (and facebook) for more AMAZING poly-inspired goodness!Yeast Raised Waffles with CoconutServes 4Ingredients
- 7g active yeast (1 sachet)
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 100 grams of butter melted
- 2 cups of standard flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Place yeast and warm water in a large mixing bowl and stir to dissolve. Leave for around 5 minutes.
- Place coconut milk and milk in a heatproof container and warm slightly in the microwave (round 50 seconds).
- Add milk, butter, sugar, salt and flour into the yeast mixture and whisk until batter is smooth. Cover with cling wrap and leave to proof (around 1-2hours). Place in the fridge if this is for breakfast the next morning.
- Once you are ready to cook the waffles, add the egg and baking soda, whisking it into the batter until well combined.
- Heat waffle maker and spray or brush with oil or butter. Pour about a cup of mixture into the waffle maker (or whatever portion to fill the waffle plates), close waffle and cook according to manufacture's instructions for your waffle machine.
- Once waffles are cooked and golden, remove and serve immediately.
Add some coconut cream caramelised bananas (here) and ENJOYYY! Just make sure it's a once a week thing, or else you'll have to run it off all day everyday!