Check out this fresh, healthy and DELICIOUS chicken salad recipe with a coconut twist; courtesy of I LOVE COCONUT CREAM
- 2 cans of coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 kg boneless, skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- ½ cup of water
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 cups of red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1-2 carrots, coursely grated (fine jullienne)
- Handlful each of mint leaves & thai basil and coriander (leaves picked)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 red chilli finely chopped or grated
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoon of fish sauce
- Combine the onion and the apple cider vinegar in a small container or cup and allow to pickle, about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the chicken pieces in water and place it in a small saucepan with the coconut cream, 3 tablespoons of fish sauce, ginger and garlic. Cook on medium high heat until chicken is cooked through (around 25 minutes). Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and allow to cool enough to shred. Shred chicken and drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of the broth to add more moisture and flavour.
- Combine Dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust the dressing adding more limes, water or chilli as required.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, mint, thai basil and coriander in a medium salad bowl. Add shredded chicken, dressing and pickled onions. Gently fold through. Serve immedidately.
Source: I LOVE COCONUT CREAM